Robert Hess Search Group has been retained to search for a Senior VP, Construction for a mid-size commercial firm in Denver. The successful candidate will be responsible to achieve financial goals and objectives and increase operating performance for the organization. Performs strategic planning, gives presentations, client development, direct sales, contract negotiations, prepares budgets, creates business plans and solves internal and external issues relevant to the business.
- Establishes rapport and builds effective relationships with both new/current clients.
- Communicates company strategy in an effective manner
- Attends all meetings associated with business development and contract negotiations
- Oversees revenue generation
- Presides over all field and internal operations
- Identify ways to maximize revenue
- Analyze financial reports
- Ensure company polices and procedures are followed by each department
- Report and share information with ownership to ensure they are kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it.
- Must be committed to meeting the needs of both new/current clients.
- Identify and lead new business opportunities
- Ensure highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
- Sets goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensures departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
- Work alongside community leaders, executive directors, major donors/funders, government officials and senior staff/ownership members.
- Participate in and nurture broad networks of alliance with others to exchange knowledge and information about learning and change in support of change initiatives.
- Reports directly to company ownership
- Deep understanding and knowledge of pre-construction process (business development and estimating) with particular emphasis on commercial markets.
- Business development and sales experience
- Strong knowledge of construction management process (project management, field leadership)
- Demonstrated soft-skills to work effectively as a leader of a business team.
- At least 10 years experience with a general contractor or commercial design firm.
- Degree preferred but not required.
- Must have a good driving record
- Very bottom-line oriented