A Nashville General Contractor that specializes in elegant outdoor living space is currently seeking a seasoned, self-driven Operations Manager to lead all areas of the project management function, including project planning, cost management, time management, quality management, field supervision, safety management, client management / relations and business development initiatives. This is a critical leadership position for the Company with the opportunity to significantly impact the success and growth of the organization.
- Perform, direct, coordinate and/or stimulate progress on all areas of pre-construction phase including site layout, scope of work, resources, design, review contract documents, procurement, permitting, inspections, master schedule, generating/managing RFI List and budget reporting.
- Assist with maintaining client relations
- Provide leadership and manage performance for our Project Manager group.
- Supervise Project Managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors and Vendors to proactively ensure that all work product is complete and delivered within schedule constraints.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of qualitative standards including management and delivery process and procedures.
- Assist the Project Managers as needed with Contract and Change Management including the review and approval of draft RFP’s, Subcontractor bid packages, Subcontractor bids and the review of Subcontractor Change Order requests.
- Monitor General Contractor and Subcontractor performance
- Develop and maintain action and open item tracking lists across active projects
- Review/approve vendor invoices, change order and account reconciliations.
- Review billings and account reconciliations with clients upon completion of work.
- Accountable for management of financial resources, including accounting and cash flow for projects
- 10-15 years minimum of construction related experience, including 2 years of estimating. Must have valid references
- Good understanding commercial construction. Experience managing similar projects
- Thorough knowledge of developing construction budgets, scheduling, estimating and engineering principals and techniques, as well as accounting principles is required
- Must be familiar with various project delivery methods, construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances
- Experience with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills
We will perform a pre-screening calls in November/December
We anticipate face to face interviews will begin December 2017 with an expected decision in the 1st quarter of 2018.