Healthcare Project Architect
Location : Sacramento, CA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
Travel : Yes
Relocation : Yes
Job Industry : Architecture - Building
Job Description :
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors during all project phases, participating in marketing, client and owner presentations as required.
- Develops a thorough understanding of projects’ design philosophy and provides major input in developing a design and building performance strategy and effectively conveys this to assigned team members when appropriate.
- Provides technical design input. Responsible for a project’s technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development, project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases of project work, in close collaboration with Senior Designer.
- Actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants and knowledge resources to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated and support the design concept and performance goals of the project.
- Contributes to the preparation of design documents and leads the detailed development of construction documents during all project phases, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documents to support these solutions.
- Advances the production of schematic, design development and construction documents drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design.
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- Must be a licensed Architect in the state of California.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- 7+ years of experience is required.
- OSHPD/DSA experience preferred.
- Revit experience required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp and other industry accepted software and Microsoft Office Suite products is needed.
- Strong graphics skills are needed.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and be responsible for project delivery which may be multiple, large or complex in scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are needed.