Operations Manager - Homebuilding
Robert Hess Search Group, a premier executive national search firm, is a working with a national homebuilder to find their next Operations Manager. This position manages all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs and image.
- Provide input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products.
- Establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provide guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs and tooling and equipment needs.
- Review production and operating reports and direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Determine responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Train and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer policies, procedures and regulations.
Directly supervises 3 or more subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20 or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.