Robert Hess Search Group, a premier executive national search firm, is a working with a world-renowned global architecture and design firm to find their next BIM Manager. As a focal point of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) strategy, implementation of Revit has extended into every office and practice area. This position plays an active role in the ongoing efforts to evolve the landscape of the firms digital design and delivery. The BIM Manager is expected to provide ongoing development and support for all BIM platforms and to work closely with our existing digital design and delivery leadership a more integrated design modeling processes.
- Assist in the implementation of the firms Revit Standards / Firmwide strategies and collaborate with local teams to insure a smoother Revit workflow.
- Monitor project model development and manage the integrity and proper organization of BIM data.
- Provide ongoing Revit technical support to the project team
- Create parametric families for the project that capture the design intent and construction logic of the proposed building.
- Mentor the team on best practices and tips and tricks to improve workflow.
- Monitor project team development and identify future leaders in order to extend office support, provide feedback and grow the pool of talent.
- Coordinate the Revit model with parts of the design modeled in Rhino and / or Digital Project.
- Respond to Help Desk Tickets in person and remotely.
- Meet with project teams to ensure project organization and efficient use of Revit.
- Work in conjunction with our Firmwide Digital Design / Revit Leadership in the continued improvement of the Gensler BIM standards and templates to maintain quality and consistency of the design environment and deliverables.
- Work with Firmwide and local resources to support AutoCAD-based projects and guide teams through the transition to a model-based documentation process.
- Coordinate the expansion of existing Revit content and detail libraries.
- Instruct Revit Classes
- Multiple levels (Essentials to Advanced)
- Customization of classes for specific project tasks of students
- Produce Tutorials (written and video-based)
- Provide team training and guide initial project implementations to ensure a consistent Revit workflow.
- Identify Revit learning practices, both new and existing, and assess opportunities to improve content and delivery.
- Enhance training material and datasets to encompass both Gensler design philosophy and the new landscape of information modeling.
- Provide day to day guidance and mentoring to staff to optimize Revit features and follow project modeling standards.
- Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM software
- Solid understanding of legacy CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD
- Familiarity with design applications such as 3ds Max, SketchUp, NavisWorks and Rhino and an innate ability to communicate the benefits of these components within an integrated building information model
- Articulate communicator able to convey BIM concepts to all levels of design and delivery professionals/ leadership
- Proven communication, presentation skills and possess excellent user interaction skills
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and support to Revit project teams.
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit who embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities for creativity and innovation
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent, with 8 to 10 years of experience in design or construction practice preferred
- Must possess at least 5+ years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM Concepts